Movement is the universal language of human expression. Here at HealthPlex, we are driven to improve the health, wellness, and overall outlook in the community. Understanding the how and why of moving well helps us aspire to move often. The functional movement screening consists of seven fundamental movement patterns. Strength, coordination, and balance lay the groundwork for a healthy lifestyle. The Functional Movement Screen (FMS) is a very effective assessment that provides a analysis of how well you move. We target different areas of your body to determine and correct any movement deficiencies and offer tracking during the process.
Who is FMS good for?
Functional Movement Screens are good for anyone with persistent pain, limited mobility, uncomfortable movements and in order to prevent future injuries. Your visit will consist of a thorough assessment of fundamental movement patterns including a squat, hip hinge, lunge and more. These findings help our trainers pinpoint asymmetrical movements in the body. Our trainers will create your personalized movement and workout programs.
How Does FMS Work?
The seven screening tests include the following movement patterns:
1. Deep Squat: Tests functional and symmetrical mobility in the hips, knees and ankles
2. Hurdle Step: Assesses stability and functional mobility of the hips, knees and ankles
3. In-Line Lunge: Assesses your balance in the torso, shoulders, hips and ankles; also while assessing flexibility in the quadriceps and stability in the knees
4. Active Straight Leg:Tests functional flexibility in the hamstrings and calves
5.Shoulder Mobility: Assesses range of motion in the shoulders and shoulder blades
6. Trunk Stability Push-Up: Tests symmetrical stability in the body's core movement
7. Rotary Stability: Assesses core stability combined with mobility in the upper and lower bodyOur team will use your FMS results to increase your strength, mobility, movement and coordination. Meet with us today to schedule a complimentary functional movement screening.
Sport Specific Training
HealthPlex Strength & Conditioning takes sport specific training to another level by developing programs that will enhance athletes ability to perform in relation to their FMS test results.Contact Us